The largest Blockchain Hackathon in the world in Groningen
Link to Aftermovie
Blockchaingers Hackathon: an international launching pad for exponential solutions
From April 5-8, more than 700 pioneers from 5 continents will gather in Groningen for the second edition of the largest physical annual blockchain hackathon in the world with € 100,000 in prizes. For four days and nights, the city of Groningen – home to several Nobel Prize winners and a vibrant start-up and scale-up ecosystem – will become a global epicenter of blockchain prototyping. 63 Selected teams will work with their prospective customers to prototype solutions to global challenges. Software developers will collaborate with top officials, designers will collaborate with international business innovators, and entrepreneurs will join forces with investors. The Blockchaingers bring together a complete ecosystem, with official support from the Dutch government and regulators, that serves as a launch pad for exponential blockchain solutions.
By leveraging the world-class business and government infrastructure of the Netherlands and unlocking the potential for international companies, blockchain companies and startup teams, the Blockchaingers are creating a scalable international blockchain venture movement.
The Blockchaingers Hackathon consists of seven thematic tracks:
- Future of pensions – APG Pension Service Provider (largest in Europe)
- Infrastructure of Digital Nation – Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Dutch Land Registry
- Energy transition – NUON Vattenfall, Gasunie and New Energy Coalition
- Global Digital Identity – Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations, DUO, Sweetbridge, Consortium for identity insurance
- Health – University Medical Center Groningen and the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport
- Machine Economy – E-load (Enexis)
- Public safety and security – Dutch police
On the fourth and final day of the hackathon, April 8, the 63 teams will be judged by “accelerators” and “super accelerators,” such as Secretary of State of the Dutch Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations Raymond Knops, founder and CEO of Mattereum Vinay Gupta and Special Envoy for Startup Delta HRH Prince Constantijn van Oranje-Nassau. A total of € 105,000 in prize money will be distributed for stimulation.